40 Interesting Alcohol Facts

Featured Image - Serious Facts

There is so much about alcohol that you can learn about. In this article, we go over 40 interesting alcohol facts that will help you how is consumed in the world, where it came from and more.

1. The word “alcohol” was first seen in the 16th century, when it meant a fine powder.

2. Alcohol takes only 6 minutes for brain cells to it.

3. There are over 500,000 alcohol-related deaths in Russia each year.

There are over 500,000 alcohol-related deaths in Russia each year.
Source: Media Source

4. Vodka is the world’s most popular alcohol.

5. The world’s strongest beer has a 67.5% alcohol percentage.

6. The US has one of the highest minimum drinking age in the world.

The US has the one of the highest minimum drinking age in the world.
Source: Media Source

7. The strongest alcohol in the world comes from a German brewer named Georg Tscheuschner.

8. In Ohio, it is illegal to get a fish drunk.

9. The two most serious side effects of alcohol consumption are respiratory and central nervous system depression.

The legal age to drink, sell or buy alcohol in the US is 21 years.
Source: Media Source

10. The chemical formula for alcohol is C2H6O.

11. Scientist Nikola Tesla drank whiskey every day because he thought it would make him live to 150 years old.

12. People with blue eyes have a greater alcohol tolerance.

People with blue eyes have a greater alcohol tolerance.
Source: Media Source

13. One shot of Vodka has as much alcohol as an entire beer.

14. Mountain Dew was made to be mixed with whiskey.

15. Most fruits and almost all vegetables contain a small amount of alcohol.

Most fruits and almost all vegetables contain a small amount of alcohol.
Source: Media Source

16. The first of March is known as “Alcohol Day.”

17. It is legal in the UK for kids over 5 years old to drink alcohol at home or other private locations.

18. Milkshakes originally contained alcohol.

Milkshakes originally contained alcohol.
Source: Media Source

19. Ethyl alcohol is the name for the intoxicating ingredient in alcoholic drinks.

20. Ethanol is produced using a process called fermentation.

21. Empress Catherine I from Russia, banned women from getting drunk in the 18th century.

Empress Catherine I of Russia banned women from getting drunk in the 18th century.
Source: Media Source

22. Each Russian consumes 18 liters of alcohol per year.

23. One of the most popular drinks in Cambodia is Tarantula Brandy.

24. Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV is the largest alcohol company in the world.

Anheuser-Busch InBev Eyes Potential Purchase Of Rival Miller
Source: Media Source

25. Almost 20% of alcohol is immersed in your stomach while the remaining 80% is immersed in the small intestine.

26. Alcoholism is a disease considered by a solid desire for alcohol.

27. Alcoholic drinks are made up of fermented grapes in China.

Alcoholic drinks made from fermented grapes in China.
Source: Media Source

28. Alcohol poisoning kills six Americans every day.

29. Alcohol kills one person every 10 seconds worldwide.

30. Alcohol lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease.

Alcohol lowers the risk of Cardiovascular disease
Source: Media Source

31. Alcohol lowers the chance of Diabetes.

32. Fear on an empty alcohol glass is called Cenosillicaphobia.

33. Alcohol is used in Manometers because it has a low vapor pressure.

Alcohol is used in Manometer because it has a low vapor pressure.
Source: Media Source

34. Alcohol is not digested, it gets immersed directly into the bloodstream.

35. Alcohol is banned in Afghanistan.

36. Alcohol is an actual way of killing bacterias and can be used to sterilize things.

Alcohol is an actual way of assassination bacteria and can be used to sterilize things.
Source: Media Source

37. About 2 billion people across the world consume alcoholic drinks.

38. A recently published study proved that Ireland ranks the highest in drinking during pregnancy.

39. 75% of esophageal cancers are mainly attributable to endure extreme alcohol consumption.

75% of esophageal cancers are main attributable to endure extreme alcohol consumption.
Source: Media Source

40. 500 Irish people die from alcohol-related cancers every year.

40 Interesting Alcohol Facts
5 (100%) 1 vote