The human body is a highly unique structure composed of different kinds of cells, tissues, muscles, and bones. In this list of Body Facts, you will learn how interesting our body really is.
1. Approximately 50,000 different scents are stored in the memory of the human nose.
2. The growth of facial hair is faster than the hair growth in other parts of the body.
3. Almost 600,000 particles of the human skin are shed every hour.
4. Up to 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms combine to form an adult human body.
5. The heart beat changes according to the music that a person listens to.
6. There are 60 extra bones present in a baby’s body than in an adult.
7. All the bacteria in the human body would together weigh up to 4 pounds.
8. Fingernails grow faster than toenails.
9. An iron nail about 3 inches long can be made out of the iron in a human body.
10. Tiny mites are found in the human eyelashes.
11. The Masseter or the jaw muscle is the strongest muscle in the human body.
12. The human nose and ears never stop growing.
13. The electricity produced by the human brain when awake is sufficient to light up a bulb.
14. The heartbeat of women is faster than that of men’s.
15. In an average lifetime, a human body process around 100,000 pounds of food.
16. Blue-eyed people tolerate alcohol better.
17. About 10 million different colors can be differentiated by the human eye.
19. Almost 10% of the waking hours are spent on blinking.
19. About 40% of the body weight is borne by the big toe.
20. Almost 20% of the blood and oxygen in the body is used by the brain.
21. The tongue print of humans is as unique as that of the fingerprint.
22. About 31% of water constitute the human bones.
23. The bacteria in the human mouth outnumber the world population.
24. Life expectancy is reduced if a person sleeps less than 7 hours every night.
25. The human brain develops until past the age of late forties.
26. About 200 muscles in the human body actually help in taking just a single step.
27. The human heart is located in the middle of the body and not on the left side as believed.
28. The taste buds of the human tongue are replaced every 10 days.
29. People with higher IQ dream more.
30. The human fat cell may live up to a decade.
31. If the acid in your stomach came in contact with your skin, there would be a burnt hole on the skin.
32. The biological age of the body is hastened by consuming too much meat.
33. About 50% of the hand strength comes from the little finger or the “pinky”.
34. The fastest human sense is hearing, which takes less than 0.05 seconds to be recognized by the human ear.
35. The sense of hearing reduces after eating too much food.
36. About 0.2 seconds is all that is needed for the brain to recognize something touching your hand or foot.
37. An adult with the weighing of 150 pounds has a skeleton that weighs about 21 pounds.
38. Traces of gold can be found in the human hair.
39. An average human being may not remember 90% of their dreams.
40. The electrical impulse of the heart enables it to continue beating even when separated from the body.