Who doesn’t love Champagne? Whether it is served at a wedding, after a sports event, or at a cocktail party, this luxury drink is always a winner in people’s heart. But, how much you know about Champagne? Raise your glass with this list of Champagne Facts.
1. Champagne is actually a type of wine.
2. Dom Perignon is the original creator of Champagne.
3. Champagne is named after a region in France called Champagne.
4. Marilyn Monroe took a bath in Champagne using 350 bottles of Champagne.
5. Approximately 28,000 bottles of Champagne are served at Wimbledon each year.
6. In the 19th century England, high society men thought that the best way to polishing their shoes was with Champagne.
7. James Bond is a famous Champagne drinker, who has been covering drinking Champagne more than 35 times in his films.
8. In a 750ml bottle of Champagne, there are 49 million bubbles.
9. Each second Champagne emits 30 bubbles.
10. Champagne has three times more gas than a Beer.
11. The pressure in a Champagne bottle is around 90 pounds per square inch.
12. The ideal temperature to serve Champagne is between 8°Celcius to 9°C.
13. One of the most lavish bottles of champagne costs $2.07 Million Dollars.
14. Champagne will stay more bubbly in a flute glass as compared to a coupe glass.
15. According to new research, it can help preventing memory loss.
16. Champagne regions has over 15,000 workers who work to grow the grapes used in Champagne.