Cyberbully is a serious problem that is rising day by day. Sadly, based on statistics, most kids get bully at some point in their life. Get the latest cyberbullying statistics, laws, current news, and victim stories, on this list we’ve gathered about interesting Cyberbullying Facts that will certainly shock you.
1. Cyberbullying is a form of harassment using electronic forms of contact.
2. Near about 43% of kids have been bullied online.
3. A cell phone is the most common medium for cyber bullying.
4. Approximately 75% of students admit they have visited a website bashing another student.
5. From 2 to 9 bullying victims commit suicide.
6. Harmful bullying behavior can comprise of posting rumors about a person, sexual remarks or hate speech.
7. 24% of children report that they do not know what to do if they would be harassed online.
8. 34% percent of students admit that they have experienced cyberbullying.
9. 72% percent of teenagers report that they are cyberbullied because of their looks.
10. 19% of cyberbullying often entails the spreading of rumors.
11. Most of the victims are chosen because of their religion.
12. Nearly 13% percent of persecuted teenagers experience insensitive comments.
13. Most of the teens say bullying happen more offline than online.
14. Most of the harassed offspring sense that their sexuality was the reason for the bullying.
15. More than 30% of teens have suicidal thoughts after bullying.
16. More than 70% of children sensed that bullying destructively impacted their social lives.
17. Male cyberbullies regularly post hurtful videos or photos.
18. Girls are more likely to experience cyberbullying.
19. Eighty percent of youth have witnessed cyberbullying.
20. Eighty percent of sufferers felt that it hurt their self-esteem.
21. Almost 43% of kids have already been bullied online.
22. 64% of kids get bullied on Facebook.
23. 29% of kids get bullied on Twitter.
24. 25% of children have been constantly bullied by text messages.
25. 21% of youngsters received threatening messages.
26. 11% of middle school students are victims of cyberbullying.
27. 1 in 6 parents know their child has been bullied over social media.
28. “Hyper-networking” teens are more likely to be a victim of cyberbullying.
29. More than the 45% of youngster experience bullying before the age of 18.
30. Because of bullying, more than 16,000 young people are absent from school.
31. From the last three years, there has been an 87 % increase in online bullying.
32. The Youth Internet Safety Survey – 2 found that 9% of the young people in the survey had experienced some form of harassment.
33. More than 5.43 million young people in the UK have experienced cyberbullying.
34. 60% of users have been asked for a sexual image of themselves.
35. Ninety six percent of users use some form of online communication tool.