Diamonds are one of the most beautiful rocks that exist and Women absolutely love them. There’s no denying that diamonds are a traditional symbol of romance and love. But how much you really know about Diamonds? Find more on this list of diamond facts.
1. The ancient Romans and Greeks believed that diamonds were tears cried by Gods.
2. Diamonds are billions of years old.
3. Diamonds can also form from coal in subduction zones and in meteoroid impacts.
4. Diamonds are made of a single element. they’re nearly 100% carbon.
5. The word diamond comes from the Greek word “Adamas,” which means indestructible.
6. Diamonds are the very hardest natural substance.
7. The only thing that can scratch a diamond is another diamond.
8. Koh-I-Noor is the largest known cut diamond in the world.
9. Diamonds were being collected and traded in India as early as the fourth century BC.
10. Many ancient cultures believed that diamonds gave the wearer strength and courage during battle.
11. During the Middle Ages, diamonds were thought to have healing properties.
12. India was the world’s original source of diamonds in 1400.
13. In the 1700s, Brazil became the world’s major source of Diamonds.
14. All Earth’s diamonds originate from mines in Russia, Canada, Botswana, and Namibia.
15. The largest diamond ever discovered was called the Cullinan diamond.
16. The most expensive diamond ring is the Blue Diamond Ring, sold for $9.49 million in 2013.
17. The diamond industry is separated into two categories: gem-grade diamonds and industrial-grade diamonds. Both markets value diamonds differently.
18. The United States is the world’s top diamond buyer.
19. The first known use of a diamond as an engagement ring took place in 1477.
20. The Argyle diamond mine in Australia is the largest producer of diamonds by weight in the world.
21. Scientists have discovered a planet in 2004 which is totally composed of carbon and is a one-third pure diamond.
22. Diamonds are created in a rainbow of colors, depending on the minerals that are present as it is formed.
23. Diamonds are rated by the four C’s, clarity, color, carat and cut and these aspects greatly influence the retail cost.
24. Diamonds are eventually accessible to us because of volcanic activity.
25. Diamonds are sorted into three categories including Boart quality, gem quality, and industry quality.
26. During the cutting and polishing process, a Diamond will lose approximately half its weight.
27. A cutting of a carat-sized diamond by hand can take a full day, or longer.
28. The United States only has one operating diamond mine.
29. Americans buy more than forty percent of the Earth’s jewelry-quality diamonds.
30. Victoria Beckham has an estimated 13 diamond engagement rings.
31. Diamonds are mined in 25 countries around the world except for Antarctica and Europe.
32. Russia produced the most diamonds of any country in 2014.
33. Hong Kong’s largest jewelry company paid the highest price ever for a rough diamond in 2010.
34. Diamond is the most effective heat conducting material.
35. Near about 80% of the world’s diamonds are not suitable for Jewelry.
36. An average of 74,000 people visit the Crater of Diamonds State Park each year in Arkansas.
37. An estimated US$13 billion worth of rough diamonds are produced per year.
38. One carat of diamond weighs 200 milligrams.
39. The diamond industry employs approximately ten million people around the world.
40.The most recent diamond discoveries were made in North America.