Djibouti is located in Eastern Africa, between Somalia and Eritrea, bordering the Gulf of Aden and the Red Sea. Did you know Djibouti is also the third smallest country in continental Africa? Get more information, facts, pictures, and knowledge by reading these interesting facts about Djibouti.
1. Djibouti is a country located in the Horn of Africa.
2. The official Name of Djibouti is the Republic of Djibouti.
3. Total Population of Djibouti is only 810,179.
4. Residents of the Djibouti are known as Djiboutians.
5. Djibouti is the third smallest country in Africa continental.
6. The official currency of Djibouti is Djiboutian Franc.
7. Lac Assal of Djibouti is the saltiest lake with the exception of Antarctica’s lakes. It is even saltier than the Dead Sea.
8. Guelleh was first President of Djibouti in 1999 .
9. Lac Assal is the lowest point in Djibouti, it is also the lowest point on the continent of Africa.