Earth is the fifth biggest of the planet in the solar system. The Earth has shaped approximately 4.54 billion years ago & it is the only planet to have the atmosphere containing oxygen, oceans on its surface and of course life. Earth facts, I think the most precious collection is below, have a look.
1. According to scientists, the Earth is about 4.6 billion years old.
2. The Earth is not perfectly round. It is flattened at the south and north poles.
3. The earth is one of the densest planets in the solar system.
4. Earth is the only planet which has plate tectonics.
5. Earth is the only planet that has liquid water on its surface.
6. Earth has an atmosphere which contains 21 percent oxygen, 78% nitrogen, and rest are other gases.
7. The queen of the UK is the owner of one-sixth of the Earth’s land surface.
8. Earth is the only planet in the solar system that supports life.
9. The Earth is the only inner planet that has one large satellite, the Moon.
10. There are more living organisms in a teaspoonful of soil than there are people on Earth.
11. One-third of Earth’s land surface is moderately or entirely desert.
12. The Earth was covered with giant mushrooms before trees.
13. Earth is the only place where water in its three states can be present: solid, liquid and vapors.
14. The highest place on Earth and closest to space is Mount Chimborazo.
15. Krubera Cave is the deepest cave on Earth.
16. If the Earth did not have the moon, our days would only be 6 hours long.
17. Only .003 % of the water on Earth is utilized by humans.
18. Between 10 to 20 volcanoes erupting somewhere on Earth every day.
19. On Earth, we are constantly in motion.
20. Gravity is not constant.
21. Light travels from the Sun to the Earth in about 8 minutes and 19 seconds.
22. Earth gets its name from the word “Anglo-Saxon” meaning soil.
23. The space between the Earth & the sun is 150 million kilometers.
24. Antarctica is the largest & coldest desert on Earth.
25. The Nile river of eastern Africa is the longest river on the Earth.
26. The tallest tree on Earth is called Hyperion which is 379.1 feet tall.
27. The highest mountain on the Earth is Mount Everest.
28. The largest and the hottest desert on the Earth is the Sahara desert.
29. The Earth’s inner core has the same temperature as the Sun.
30. The hottest temperature ever recorded on Earth’s surface was 136 degrees F or 57.8 degrees C in El Azizia, Libya recorded in 1922.
31. The first picture of the Earth was taken from Space in October 1946.
32. The Earth lost 40% of its wildlife in the past 40 years.
33. It would take 1.3 million Earth to fill up the Sun.
34. The first Earth day was celebrated on April 22, 1970.
35. Earth has a very powerful magnetic field. It is strongest at the poles and weakest at the equator.
36. Seven-hundred-million years ago, the entire Earth was covered in ice.
37. A virtual Earth model “Google Earth” was originally called Earth Viewer and was created by Keyhole.
38. The 9/11 terrorist attacks can be viewed with Google Earth’s historical imagery.
39. Like the Earth experiences Earthquakes, the moon experiences “moonquakes”.
40. 11% of the Earth’s surface is used to grow food.