We all know that England is one of the most famous and wealthiest country in the world. It has a rich heritage and exciting lifestyle. However, did you know that a woman from England has 4 functioning color cones? Read these and more interesting England Facts on this list.
1. England is derived from the Old English name “Englaland”, which means “Land of the Angles“.
2. England is bordered to the west by Wales and to the north by Scotland.
3. The official language of England is “English”.
4. The current population of England is around 66,573,504.
5. The official currency of England is Pound Sterling.
6. London is the capital of England.
7. Buckingham Palace is the official London home of the British monarch.
8. England is the most populated country in the United Kingdom.
9. The longest river in England is the River Thames.
10. The highest temperature ever recorded in England was (101.3°F ) in Brogdale.
11. The Barbary Lion is the national animal of England.
12. The red rose is the national flower of England.
13. There are around 30,000 folks with the name “John Smith” in England.
14. The shortest war on record was fought between Zanzibar and England in 1896.
15. One of England’s quaintest traditional event is the cheese rolling competition.
16. The Isle of Wight is the largest island in England.
17. Windermere is the largest lake in England.
18. The highest mountain in England is the Scafell Pike, which stands at around 978 meters (3,209 ft) in height.
19. They have over 50,000 Christian churches.
20. “The Theatre” was the first public theater built in England.
21. The biggest export of England is Beef (30% percent of all food and drinks).
22. French was the official language of England from 1066 to 1362.
23. In England and Wales, it’s authorized to drink alcohol on private premises from the age of 5.
24. A woman from Northern England has 4 functioning color cones.
25. The Wembley Stadium has the most toilets of any one building.
26. The oldest operating school in the world is The King’s School situated in Canterbury, England.
27. A year ago, J. K. Rowling was wealthier than the Queen of England.
28. The Queen of England can veto any law she doesn’t like.
29. The Slimbridge Wildlife & Wetlands Trust is the world’s largest and most diversified wildfowl center.
30. Mother Shipton’s Cave is England’s oldest recorded tourist attraction.
31. Winchester was the first capital of England, from 827 to 1066.
32. During the Industrial Revolution, Manchester was known as ‘Warehouse City.’
33. “KitKat”, a famous Chocolate brand, comes from England.
34. England was one of the first countries to allow triple-parenting (Triple P).
35. England is the only country in the world that doesn’t have its name on its stamps.
36. Christianity is considered to be the highest in England.
37. There are over 7,000 kms of navigable waterways in England.
38. Cricket, now a worldwide game, originated in England.
39. Football is the most popular sport in England.
40. The first successful motorized vacuum cleaner was invented in England.