You can’t deny the fact that hamsters are super cute and adorable animals. First more about these interesting specie in this list Hamster facts.
1. Hamster belong to the rodent family.
2. Hamster love to dig tunnels in the ground, so they can live there.
3. The largest breed of hamsters is the European breed.
4. Hamsters have a very short eyesight.
5. Hamsters are nocturnal mammals.
6. A hamster’s diet consists of nuts, seeds, and vegetables.
7. A hamster stores their food in their cheeks.
8. Hamsters have short tails, small ears, stout bodies, short legs, large eyes and wide feet.
9. The most common hamster kept as a pet is called the golden-brown Syrian.
10. There are four basic breeds of hamsters, the Syrian, the Russian Dwarf, the Chinese and the Roborovski hamsters.
11. Hamsters were first found in Syria.
12. The smallest hamster breed is the tiny dwarf.
13. The name “hamster” comes from the German word “hamstern” which means “hoard”.
14. Hamsters are color blind.
15. Male hamsters are called boars.
16. Hamsters normally live between 2 and 3 years.
17. Hamsters can be easily trained.
18. Female hamsters are called sows.
19. The Golden Hamster is a native to the desert regions of Syria.
20. Female Golden hamsters are larger than males.
21. Baby hamsters are known as pups.
22. Golden hamsters are also called Teddy Bear Hamsters.
23. The gestation period of a hamster is 16 to 18 days.
24. Hamster can remember their relatives.
25. There are twenty-five species of hamster.
26. An adult Hamster can grow to 6 to 8 inches.
27. Hamster are omnivores.
28. Syrian hamsters prefer living alone.
29. They are also very good at digging.
30. A female hamster can store her pup in her cheek to keeping them safe from any danger.
31. Hamsters teethes are always growing.
32. Hamster can chew on twigs or wood.
33. Hamsters have 16 teethes.
34. Hamster pups are born with a full set of teeth.
35. When young hamsters are born, they are born without their hearing and sight until they are two weeks old.
36. Hamsters have 4 front toes and 5 rear toes.
37. Hamsters can run backward as well as forward.
38. They are able to run up to 4 miles per hour.
39. Female hamsters usually give birth to around eight children.
40. They have soft pads on their feet to help them run smoothly on hard objects like rocks.