Indonesia is known as one of the most popular destinations all around the world. Indonesia comprises with many islands, rich culture, stable tropical climate and beautiful natural beaches. With these 40 Interesting Indonesia Facts, you will learn more about its history, geography, people, economy, and culture.
1. The name “Indonesia” is derived from two words the Latin word Indus meaning “Indian” and the Greek word nesos meaning “island.”
2. Indonesia consists of more than 17,000 islands.
3. The largest island is Sumatra, which is still part of the Sunda Island.
4. Indonesia’s formal language is Bahasa.
5. Indonesia located in a region called “The Ring of Fire”, world’s greatest earthquake belt, named because is home to over 400+ active volcanoes.
6. Indonesia is the fourth most populous country in the world according to WHO.
7. Indonesia is the biggest shovel importer in the world.
8. Indonesia is home to animal species such as Komodo dragons, Sumatran tiger, Sumatran rhinoceros, and Orangutan.
9. The biggest flower in the world, Rafflesia Arnoldi, can be found in Indonesia.