Did you know Kenya is
Africa’s most popular safari destination and a land known for its Savannah? If you want to take a real feel of its landscapes, culture, food, and people check out these interesting facts about Kenya that will amaze you. 1. Kenya is located in the East
Africa. 2. Kenya is officially known as the Republic of Kenya.
3. The Jomo Kenyatta International Airport is the biggest airport in Kenya.
Source: Media Source 4. Nairobi is Kenya’s capital and largest city
5. There are two official languages English and Swahili.
6. Lake Victoria is the world’s second largest freshwater lake found in Kenya.
Source: Media Source 7. Kenya shares Lake Victoria with Tanzania and Uganda.
8. In Kenya, people drive on the left-hand side of the road.
9. Mt Kenya is the tallest mountain in the country.
Source: Media Source 10. Kenya;s main religion is Christianity.
11. Mount Kenya national park and Lake Turkana National park are world heritage sites in Kenya.
12. Kenya has the world’s 31st largest population.
Source: Media Source 13. The Jomo Kenyatta airport is the biggest airport in Kenya.
14. They have 110 different species of bats.
15. Kenya is the 49th largest country in the world.
Source: Media Source 16. Kenya shares its land borders with 5 other countries: Somalia,
Ethiopia, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda. 17. Kenya has 536 kilometers of coastline.
18. Kenya got its independence from the United Kingdom in 1963.
Source: Media Source 19. Kenyan men can have multiple wives.
20. The last time a volcano erupted in Kenya was in 1922.
21. The biggest five animals rhinos, leopards, lions, buffalo, and
elephants can all be found in Kenya.
Source: Media Source 22. Tourism and coffee are their biggest industries.
23. Approximately 99% of Kenya’s population is black Africans.
24. The currency of Kenya is the shilling.
Source: Media Source 25. The last time a volcano erupted in Kenya was in 1922.
26. Life expectancy at birth is 65 years for females and 62 years for males.
27. Maathai, a first Kenyan environmentalist professor won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2004.
Source: Media Source 28. The population of Kenya was 47,898,083 as of 1 January 2017.
29. 43% of Kenya’s electricity comes from Hydroelectricity.
30. Tsavo is the largest national park in Kenya.
Source: Media Source 31. Kenya was voted as the world’s leading safari destination by the World Travel Awards in 2015.
32. Princess Elizabeth was staying at Kenya’s Treetops Hotel on February 6, 1952.
33. Barack Obama became the first American President to visit Kenya.
Source: Media Source 34. Nyama Choma is the most popular dish in Kenya.
35. Some of the oldest known paleontological records of history have been found in Kenya.
36. +254 is the international dialing code of Kenya.
Source: Media Source 37. Nairobi the capital of the Kenya has the most number of shopping malls.
38. Total land area of the Kenya is 582,646 sq km.
39. Hunting is illegal in Kenya.
Source: Media Source 40. Maasai is a tribe in Kenya well-known for skilled use of old-style weapons and native a style of living.