Did you know Morocco is home to the world’s largest desert, the Sahara? Learn more interesting facts about Morocco on this list.
1. Morocco is located in the northwestern corner of Africa.
2. The Kingdom of Morocco is the official name of Morocco.
3. There are approximately 36 million people living in Morocco.
4. The capital city of Morocco is Rabat.
5. The largest city in Morraco is Casablanca.
6. The official currency of Morocco is the Dirham.
7. The people of this area are called Berbers or Amazigh.
8. Moroccans speak a dialect of Arabic known as Darija.
9. Toubkal is the tallest mountain of Morocco and the highest peak in North Africa.
10. The Karawan mosque in Fez is the oldest university in the world built by Fatima al-Fihri.
11. The most well-known Moroccan food is couscous, a dish typically eaten on the Islamic holy day.
12. The most popular sport in Morocco is Football.
13. The official languages of Morocco are Berber and Arabic.
14. Morocco celebrates their national holiday of Throne Day on July 30 each year.
15. Green tea with mint and sweetened with sugar their popular beverage.
16. Morocco has the fifth largest economy throughout Africa.
17. The major exports include citrus fruits such as tangerines, clementines, and mandarins.
18. Tarfaya Wind Farm in Morocco is Africa’s largest capacity wind farms.
19. Morocco is the largest energy importer in the MENA region.
20. Tourism is one of the country’s most important economic industries.
21. The second largest film set in the world located in Morocco.