Did you know that Poland is It is one of the 10 cheapest places on Earth to buy a Big Mac? and also that, the city of Krakow is the cheapest city to drink beer in the world. Find more fascinating facts about Poland in this list.
1. The name “Poland” comes from the Tribe name “Polanie” which means “people living in open fields”.
2. The formal name of Poland is Rzeczpospolita Polska.
3. Poland has 120,562 square miles of area.
4. The highest point in Poland is Mt. Rysy at 8,199 feet.
5. The flag of Poland is similar to the flags of Monaco and Indonesia.
6. The most popular dog’s name in Poland is “Burek” which means brown-grey color in Polish.
7. Poland shares its borders with seven countries: Russia, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, Slovakia, the Czech Republic and Germany.
8. The most “World’s Strongest Man” winners are from Poland.
9. The national symbol of Poland is the white-tailed eagle.
10. One-third of Poland is covered with forest.
11. Poland joined the European Union in 2004 and NATO in 1999.
12. Bigos is Poland’s most popular traditional dish.
13. The Polish-born astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus was the first person to recommend the theory that the Earth was not the center of the universe.
14. Poland is the ninth largest country in Europe.