Do you love wine? How about doing the longest wine route on the planet? or maybe, you looking to swim with penguins? South Africa will be your country of choice. Learn more South Africa facts in this interesting list.
1. South Africa is also called the Rainbow Nation because of its multiculturalism.
2. The longest wine route on the planet is in South Africa.
3. South Africa is the largest meat producer in Africa.
4. South Africa is home to world’s highest bridge bungee.
5. South Africa has three capital cities: Cape Town, Pretoria and Bloemfontein.
6. Table Mountain, located here, is one of the oldest mountains on Earth.
7. South Africa is the only country in the world, where right-hand driven cars are manufactured by Mercedes Benz.
8. South Africa is the largest producer of platinum in the world.
9. The Rovos Rail is the world’s most lavish train.
10. South Africa’s cheetah, lion, wildebeest, and springbok are the four fastest mammals on Earth.
11. On Boulders Beach, you can swim with colonies of Jackass penguins.
12. The largest man-made urban forest in the world is located in Johannesburg (South Africa).
13. The red bush is a naturally caffeine-free tea and it can only be found in the Cederberg.
14. Skiing and snowboarding are winter sports in the country.
15. Two-thirds of Africa’s electricity is produced in South Africa.
16. Most of the world’s macadamia nuts come from South Africa.
17. South Africa is three times bigger than Texas and five times bigger than Japan.
18. The world’s largest bird, the Ostrich, is found in South Africa.
19. The African elephant is the largest land mammal in the world, weighs up to 11 tons and lives up to 70 years.
20. The world’s largest reptile, the Leatherback Turtle, is found in South African waters.
21. 80% of Africa’s rail infrastructure is made in South Africa.
22. South Africa is home to the world’s tallest animal, the Giraffe.
23. The Least Dwarf Shrew is the world’s smallest mammal.
24. There are eight heritage sites found in South Africa.
25. South Africa is home to the world’s largest antelope, the Eland.
26. The whale shark is found in the ocean waters of South Africa.
27. South Africa is home to the world’s heaviest flying bird, the Kori Bustard.
28. About 1/5 of the world’s gold, comes from mines in South Africa.
29. Drinking water of South Africa is rated third best in the world for being “safe and ready to drink”.
30. South African inventions include the-CAT Scan, the Q20 lubricant, the Kreepy Krauly automatic pool cleaner, and the Smart lock Safety Syringe.
31. The world’s largest themed resort hotel in the world is the Palace of the Lost City located in South Africa.
32. South Africa is home to world’s highest commercial bungi jump at 710 feet.
33. South Africa was the only country outside of the USA, where the Hummer was produced by General Motors.
34. The eldest human remains, more than 160,000 years old, were exposed in South Africa.
35. Redbush tea, is naturally caffeine-free, and is only found in the Western Cape (South Africa).
36. South Africa is the world’s first country to host the Rugby, Soccer, and the Cricket World Cups.
37. Table Mountain is considered to be one of the twelve main energy hubs on the Earth producing magnetic, electric and spiritual energies.
38. SABMiller is the world’s largest beer brewing company.
39. Cape Town is the fifth in line for having the best blue sky on Earth, according to the UK’s National Physical Laboratory.
40. South Africa is home to floral kingdoms, namely Fynbos.