With its booming economy, fantastic shopping spots, lush nature, ancient culture, and progressively outstanding existence on the world stage, South Korea rapidly becomes one of the most talked-about countries on the globe. Let’s have a look at some interesting, funny and unusual South Korea Facts.
1. South Korea is located in the easternmost part of Asia.
2. The total land area of South Korea is 100,363 km2.
3. The current population of South Korea is 51,329,760.
4. The capital of South Korea is Seoul and it is also the country’s biggest city.
5. The official name of South Korea is the Republic of Korea.
6. The National Liberation Day of Korea is a holiday celebrated annually on August 15 in both North and South Korea.
7. Traditional South Korean culture uses red to write the names of the dead.
8. Yoido Full Gospel Church of South Korea is known as the largest megachurch in the world.
9. The national flower of South Korea is Hibiscus syriacus.
10. The national animal of South Korea is the Siberian tiger.
11. Red, white, blue and black is the national color of South Korea.
12. Mount Hallasan on Jeju Island is the tallest mountain in the country, standing at 6,400 feet above sea level in elevation.
13. Group blind dating in South Korea is called “Meeting” or “So-getting” and is a very popular way for young university students to meet over dinner and drinks.
14. The economy of South Korea is the 4th largest in Asia and the 11th largest in the world.