With the perfect balance of antioxidants and nutrients, Tea helps us to keep going all day long! Tea is one of the widely consumed beverages across the world, but did you know what are the impressive benefits of tea that makes it so popular? Here we have compiled a list of 40 interesting Tea Facts. Read on…. 1. Tea bags were invented in 1908 by Thomas Sullivan in the United States.
2. Black, green, white and oolong are the four major tea kinds.
3. Tasseography is a divination or fortune-telling method that interprets patterns in
Source: Media Source 4. Rooibos is an herbal tea and it is also known as red bush tea and African red
tea, which is made from a plant that grows in South Africa. 5. In Korea and
China, Chrysanthemum tea is a favorite herbal tea. 6. Tea first arrived in
Canada in 1716.
Source: Media Source 7. Tea was imported by the Hudson Bay Company in 1716.
8. Tea arrived in
Russia in the 1600s. 9. Black tea is prepared
from the leaves that are fermented and then heated to take away moisture. This heating process turns the leaves into black.
Source: Media Source 10. In 1980, bubble tea began in Taiwan.
11. Earl Grey tea was named after 19th century to
China. 12. Green tea leaves are not fermented.
Source: Media Source 13. Tea is prepared from the leaves of Manzanilla and Mission olive trees in
Italy. 14. Green tea was the most popular tea in the United States in the late 1800s.
15. Earl Grey tea is flavored with bergamot oil.
Source: Media Source 16. Butter tea is a common drink in Tibet.
17. A common tea is called Karkade in Egypt.
18. The formal tea is known as afternoon tea, and it is also known as Low Tea.
Source: Media Source 19. Tea was a form of currency in ancient
China. 20. Black tea can reduce eye puffiness.
21. There are approximately 1,500 different kinds of tea.
Source: Media Source 22. Tea is the national drink in Afghanistan and Iran.
Russians started drinking tea in the 17th century. 24. The Kolukkumalai Tea Estate of Munnar,
India is the highest tea estate in the world.
Source: Media Source 25.
China is the world’s largest producer of tea. 26. Iced tea was invented in 1904 at the St. Louis World Fair.
27. In the U.S., over 1.42 million pounds of tea is consumed every day.
Source: Media Source 28. The Lipton Tea Factory produces 5 billion tea bags a year.
29. Tea is the most commonly consumed
beverage in the world. 30. Tea plants need at least fifty inches of rain per year.
Source: Media Source 31. A tea plant can grow 52 feet in height.
32. Black tea is called “red tea” in
China. 33. The Ritz Carlton has the most expensive High Tea meal.
Source: Media Source 34. The most expensive tea is a rare Chinese tea called Tieguanyin.
35. According to a recent study, green tea can help reduce some forms of cancer.
36. White tea is the least processed type of tea.
Source: Media Source 37. In
England, Tea was originally sold in coffee houses & only men were allowed to enter coffee houses as well. 38. Lipton is the best-selling tea brand in the world.
39. South Carolina is the only state in the united
states that has a major tea plantation
Source: Media Source 40. In the United States for the last five years, sales of hot tea have increased by 17%.